Monday, August 2, 2010

Steps Twelve and Thirteen

Well, the quilt is finally finished. Here are steps twelve and thirteen.
(12) I decided to "stitch in the ditch" quilt this one because of the awesome geometric patterns it would make. I followed the lines of the pieces. I used my edging foot to follow the ditch lines and it worked great!

(13) For the binding, I decided to do a double fold. I left about a half inch border of backing fabric and trimmed the batting to the same size as the top. I folded the extra backing over the top and then folded the whole "sandwich" about half an inch again. I used my edging foot and lined it up with the edge of the binding and used a zigzag stitch to attache the whole thing. The effect was nice. The batting in the binding made it kind of puffy.

So now it is finished. Ready to take home to the 'Rents in a couple of weeks time. My mom just redid her bedroom and is looking forward to getting her quilt to go with the room.

2 comments:

Emily Comeau said...

Nice job! You are quite the accomplished lady.

Mom said...

I have it on my bed and I love it. I looks really good in my new room. It has just enough sage in it to tie together with the wall color and yet has such wonderful blue and yellow contrast. Thanks Jenn

Love Mom

Followers