Monday, June 28, 2010

Banished the BBQ Crud

So a strange thing kept happening when I would BBQ. There would be billowing smoke and flames rising from places they shouldn't have been. So, puzzled as I was by this, a male friend of mine suggested that I clean the BBQ. Clean a BBQ? I thought the whole point was that you didn't have to clean them! So I put on my rubber gloves (ew! I wasn't touching that nasty thing!) and started disassembling the beast. I scrubbed and shoveled so much crud out of the bottom that I nearly filled a two liter ice cream tub! I then realized that I'd made a horrible mess all over the porch, so I started sweeping off the porch and then took the hose to it. It's not perfect, by any means, but I am not longer embarrassed to have company hangout on the porch while I cook now! I also had to refill the propane tank today, which was another new adventure for me. 
I'm very proud!

No comments:

Followers