Thursday, July 29, 2010

Furniture Arranged

I went into the school today and dug into the disaster that was my classroom. The cleaners left everything in a terrible mess. Desk drawers were in the wrong room. Shelves everywhere, things very ASKEW! Anyway, so I decided to get things in a bit more order so that I could start to visualize where things were going and how my days would proceed. I didn't follow my amazing furniture plans exactly, as I have decided to use centers in my room.
I also did not want to come into class on the first week back and have to face all of that mess. This way I am much more relaxed about the whole thing. I was working at it for over three hours. I also managed to find a great stereo in the portable (where miscellaneous items go to die) that plays cd's and cassettes (essential for my listening center). It also supports my split track tapes (a tape that allows you to turn the voices off and sing along to the music...often used for choirs). All in all, it was a very productive day.

No comments:

Followers