Tuesday, July 6, 2010

steps one and two of the quilt

So I started actually working on the quilt for my parents today.
(1) I got all of the 324 squares cut out (2) and then sewed them into rows of three. They are in a funky little stack on my sewing table. These will be sewn into nine patches to create a Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt similar to these ones. I haven't decided how I will put them together to make the pattern, but I have the nine patches all set to go. I need to sew together my rows of three, cut them apart, and then lay them out to make whatever pattern I decide to go with, then sew those together, then sandwich the backing, batting and top, then quilt it, then bind it, then make the story patch...yeah, I'm almost done!  For general instructions, check out the Obsessively Stitching blog.

No comments:

Followers