Sunday, July 11, 2010

Steps Nine to Eleven

Ok. Continuing on the Quilt Path... Here's what I completed today:



(9) I laid out my backing on the dining room floor and taped it down. Then I laid out the batting and the top so I could cut the batting to fit.











(10)I folded back the batting and sprayed the backing with quilter's adhesive spray, working in small sections, laying the batting back down. I smoothed the batting onto the backing, removing air bubbles or wrinkles in the fabric. I repeated the steps with the top, adhering it to the batting. When all was finished, I removed the tape and folded the quilt to be quilted.





(11) The Story Patch: I used some of the fabric scraps from the top of the quilt to make an interesting story patch for the back of the quilt. My new quilting machine does letters, so I punched in what I wanted, line by line, and away it went.
"Sunshine in the Garden"
Made for Mom and Dad Baillie
Love Jennifer Rose
July 2010

Yup, She's going to cry...




No comments:

Followers